“Protest before they ban protesting”- Rohit Vemula
1. 400 protestors were detained at both the Mandi House and Lal Quilla. The detained included, Prashant Bhushan, senior advocate, social activist Harsh Mander, Yogendra Yadav, and Sitaram Yechury and D Raja, Left-Wing Leaders.
2. Internet Ban extended in the entire state of Assam; can be relaxed by 5 pm.
3. Delhi Metro is going crazy! 19 stations are shutdown! Ab toh jaago o Desh, o Shah, Modi, aur Bobde!
The stations which got affected:-
Mandi House, Pragati Maidan, Central Secretariat, JMI, Jasola Vihar, Shaheen Bagh, Munrika, Chandni Chowk, Rajiv Chowk (NOW OPEN), Khan Market, Vishwavidyalaya, Jama Masjid, Lal Quila, Udyog Bhawan, Patel Chowk, Lok Kalyan Marg, ITO, Vasant Vihar.
–19 IndiGo flights canceled and 16 delayed.–
4. The NE, Seelampur: Violence in the NE increased on Tuesday, stones hurled, two booths vandalized, and buses burnt in Seelampur (Tuesday); 21 got injured. 12 arrests in connections to it.
5. Gatherings in great numbers detained in UP, Karnataka. Section 144 of the Cr. PC has been imposed across Karnataka and Uttar Pradesh.
6. Delhi: The rally continues, shifts to Jantar Mantar. #unstoppable
7. Delhi: Internet Services affected and shut down in some parts of Delhi for four hours.
8. Bengaluru: Ramachandra Guha along with other 200 people, detained. Reports are they are back at Town Hall of the city. #unbreakable
9. Kolkata: Gatherings at Ramlila Maidan of the state. Hyderabad: Detention to mostly students amongst the demonstrators (they were marching towards the Exhibition Grounds)
10. Ahmedabad: Police baton-charged the agitators.
About 19 December 2019 (inspired by the words of the protestors, like my school friend)
India is not just protesting against the CAA or NRC, many of us are agitating against the fascist government and the government which is based on religion.
“Today is the death anniversary of Ram Prasad Bismil and Ashfaqulla Khan, the legendary friends of India, and furthermore, the great revolutionary, Roshan Lal, along with Bhagat Singh and other. We gather as a united India tomorrow to remember the spirit of these great freedom struggles, our centuries-old Ganga Jamuni Tehzeeb, which shook the hukumat (rule) of Britishers, and which no hukumat can shake!”, wrote Sakshi and, “We struggle today for the very idea of India.”
I agree with her! That is what the real struggle is going on right now.
A Family against #CAA
Currently, I received a message from one of my friends, Nilesh. He got stuck at Rajiv Chowk as the security updates were received by DMRC. He was going to the protest and was about to join his friend and her family.
The unnamed girl did name her brothers who got arrested by the Police, and an audio of the conversation between my friend and his friend was recorded by Nilesh.
Faizan and Zeeshan, both are elder brothers of the girl. Faizan is reported to have come back.
(Updated on 20/12/19) Zeeshan was finally dropped somewhere in Bawana, Delhi. He was later reported to have come back safe and sound.